TextWrangler is the “little brother” to BBEdit, our leading professional HTML and text editor for the Macintosh.
TextWrangler vs. BBEdit
TextWrangler is a very capable text editor. What sets BBEdit apart is its extensive professional feature set including Web authoring capabilities and software development tools.
Compare BBEdit and TextWrangler.
How do I get TextWrangler?
Download TextWrangler here. (TextWrangler is only available as an electronic download. Its license agreement is available here.)
If you already have TextWrangler and would like to update to the latest version, please go to our updates page.
To upgrade to BBEdit, which offers professionals even more power, from advanced HTML and CSS tools to seamless integration with version control systems and much more visit our web store.
TextWrangler is a…
Who needs TextWrangler?
You do! Because it lets you deal with situations like these.
Take a TextWrangler tour.
TextWrangler 4.5 System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later (10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9 or later recommended)
- Intel Macs only
What about BBEdit Lite?
BBEdit Lite was discontinued a number of years ago, and the world has moved on. TextWrangler and BBEdit have capabilities that were never supported (or possible) in BBEdit Lite:
- Run natively and at full speed on Macs with Intel processors;
- Open files from (and save them to) remote FTP and SFTP servers;
- The powerful and flexible pattern matching supported by PCRE;
- Support for editing Unicode text files, and converting between text encodings;
- Find Differences to compare files or folders;
- Integration with the Unix command-line environment;
- Advanced and extensible programming language support, with code folding, syntax coloring, and extensibility;
- …and much much more.