It doesn’t suck.®
BBEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for macOS. This award-winning product has been crafted to serve the needs of writers, Web authors and software developers, and provides an abundance of features for editing, searching, and manipulation of prose, source code, and textual data.
BBEdit offers a 30-day evaluation period. During that period, all of BBEdit’s features are available. When it ends, you can still use BBEdit — with no nag screens or unsolicited interruptions, for free, forever.
After the evaluation period, you may re-enable all of BBEdit’s exclusive features at any time by purchasing a license or by subscribing in the Mac App Store.
With BBEdit, you can…
An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit’s best-of-class features. These features include (but aren’t limited to): grep pattern matching; search and replace across multiple files; project definition tools; function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages; code folding; FTP and SFTP open and save; Git and Subversion integration; AppleScript; macOS Unix scripting support; text and code completion; and of course a complete set of robust HTML markup tools.
Take a tour!
What’s new in BBEdit 14?
Lots. Read all about it…
Where can I learn more?
Take the full feature tour, or see a detailed list of changes.
How can I get BBEdit 14?
How do I upgrade to BBEdit 14 from an older version?
- If you have been using BBEdit in Free Mode, simply download and install the new version. You’ll get a fresh 30-day evaluation period so that you can try out all the new features, and then BBEdit will return to Free Mode.
- If you have a paid license for BBEdit 13.5.7 or any older commercial version of BBEdit, you can purchase an upgrade.
- Mac App Store customers please note: if you have an active BBEdit subscription, you will immediately have access to all of BBEdit 14’s advanced features. This does not alter your subscription period. More information is available in our FAQ for Mac App Store customers.
To purchase additional or new copies of BBEdit, please visit our online store or contact our Sales Department or any authorized reseller.
BBEdit 14 System Requirements
- macOS 10.15.4 or later (10.15.7 or later recommended)
- compatible with modern macOS versions (see details)
- native on Macs with the M1 processor