Yojimbo 1.4 Release Notes
This page documents all feature enhancements and bug fixes included in the Yojimbo 1.4 update.
For information on changes made in previous versions of Yojimbo, please see the release notes archive.
You can access Yojimbo’s online help by choosing “Yojimbo Help” from the Help menu.
IMPORTANT: If you’re running Yojimbo 1.2 or earlier, this version will upgrade your database to a version that previous versions can no longer read. Make sure you have a backup before allowing Yojimbo to migrate your data.
- There is now an “Untagged Items” factory smart collection
- Yojimbo is now extensively scriptable. Refer to the scripting dictionary in the Script Editor.
tell application "Script Editor" open posix file "/Applications/Yojimbo.app" end tell
- File URLs which point to HTML are now accepted in places where we allow the creation of Web Archives from a URL.
The scripting interface for creating web archives will accept a file reference for the “with contents” parameters in order to create a web archive from HTML on the local file system.
The previous two features allow you to:
- archive Mailsmith HTML attachments when viewing in your browser
- bring over your Firefox Scrapbook
- Reworded explanatory text in the security preference pane.
- If an item is deleted in another context (for example, as a result of syncing) any open separate windows for that item are immediately closed.
- Fixed a bug whereUse Selection for Find(Command-E) pushed stale contents to the Find pasteboard.
- Correct some help page titles.
- Adjusted the titles on the movie pages so they are distinguishable in help search results.
- Fixed the anchor for the help button in the New Tag Collection sheet.
- Worked around a bug where OmniWeb appended a/to x-yojimbo-item URLs when opening them from the OmniWeb location bar.
- Fixed a bug where the error alert for a failed import was blank.
- Fixed a bug where the open panel allowed you to select any package/bundle even if it wasnt an importable type.
- If your demo has 1 day remaining, we say so (instead of1 days)
- Fixed a bug where find or select all didnt work in a standalone web archive viewer window until you clicked on the web view.
- Restored missing Encryption graphic to help pages
- Fixed a bug where the inspector panel would sayNo Inspectorwhen the Yojimbo was activated if you had clicked on the drop dock while Yojimbo was inactive.
- Fixed a bug where the label popup in the inspector could become out of sync with the inspected items after undo/redo when one of the label set was non-homogenous.
- Substantial bullet-proofing to the data migrator to work around databases damaged by syncing, Quicksilver, us, and/or sun spots.
- Fixed a bug where an exception generated during data migration would cause the application to crash.
- Fixed a crash which would occur when logging an error to the console while creating tags.
- Fixed a bug where smart groups failed to refresh in certain conditions when a change was made in another context.
- Several fixes to deal with confused Sync Services sessions.
- Fixed a bug where the labels menu would sometimes not update after a sync.
- Closed a hole in the appearance preference module which could result in infinite recursion and a crash if the preference module were displayed before the main window was opened.
- Fixed a bug where importing a text file had the side effect of changing your web archive font preferences for that run of the application.
- Tweaked the window level used for the Drop Dock to avoid Snapz Pro from considering part of the system Dock when in object capture mode.
- Adjusted the web archive offline loader to work around a WebKit crasher on 10.4.×.
- Changed the way in which Yojimbo snapshots downloaded web pages into web archives. This should eliminate theduplicate advertisementproblem. This also corrects a problem where pages with css and css reference images didnt work correctly inoffline mode.
- Fixed a regression whereEnterdidnt work as the keyboard shortcut for theCreatebutton in the Quick Input Panel when the note text view had focus.
- Fixed a but where the item details view had the wrong initial background color if the window was opened in the background.
- Fixed a regression where search results werent highlighted in PDF views.
- Fixed a bug where duplicating an item didnt copy the original items tags.