BBEdit Support Home
- BBEdit Updates – Keep your installation up to date with the latest improvements and fixes for reported problems. Note: If you purchased BBEdit from the Mac App Store, please use the “App Store” application to download and install updates.
- Command-Line Tools Installer – Copies of BBEdit purchased from the Mac App Store do not include the
bbfind command-line tools, in order to comply with Apple’s submission guidelines. We have prepared a stand-alone installer which you can download here
- User Manual – BBEdit’s PDF manual provides a complete reference to all its commands and options. You can download the manual now, or open it from within BBEdit at any time by choosing “User Manual” from the Help menu.
- BBEdit Tutorial – If you’re new to BBEdit and aren’t sure where to start, just download this disk image which contains a tutorial in PDF format (along with sample files): Tutorial Package
- Instructional Videos – Our YouTube channel contains a collection of short videos that demonstrate special features or techniques.
- Clippings Library – Download useful clippings sets, or get the updated factory default clippings from the latest version of BBEdit.
- Developer Information – Documentation on how to implement an “Edit in BBEdit” command in your own application, or how to produce language modules for use with BBEdit (and TextWrangler).
- Bare Bones Bookshelf – A compilation of books which we have found useful. Covers everything from HTML to Perl to AppleScript to Macintosh programming.
- BBEdit Extras wiki – Lots of useful tips, scripts, color schemes, and more. (This is a community-maintained resource, and is not an official publication of Bare Bones Software.)
- Idol Hands: BBEdit on Rails: – Information and tips to help Ruby on Rails users benefit from BBEdit, including a BBRails Toolkit which integrates BBEdit with a number of command-line tools and puts common tasks only a menu-click or keyboard shortcut away.